Whether you are a DePaul alumnus or your classes just ended for the quarter, career development is an ongoing process. Here are some helpful tips for you to stay in tune with your career goals over the holiday season:
- Create a Networking Action Plan – Research contacts of interest in your target markets and utilize DePaul’s resources to grow your network.
- Personal Branding – Update your LinkedIn, Twitter, or other professional networking sites.
- Share Your Network with Others – This is the time for giving, so align your friends and family with existing connections that may be helpful to their own network. For Kellstadt Alumni, become a mentor and share your expertise by joining DePaul’s Alumni Sharing Knowledge Mentor Program (ASK).
- Catch up on Twitter Chats that occurred throughout the Fall quarter (Search #KGSBcareerchat)
As I’m sure the holiday season will keep everyone plenty busy, here is a sneak peek of what to look forward to from the CMC in 2016:
- Career Education Workshops
- Meet and Greets with companies representing a multitude of industries and Kellstadt exclusive Career Fairs
- International Student Focused: Career Strategy walk-in hours, International Student Forum and weekly career newsletter
This is just a glimpse into the many opportunities CMC will be offering, so make sure to continue to regularly check the calendar of events on Handshake (https://depaul.joinhandshake.com) and follow us on twitter (@DePaulMBACareer) so you don’t miss out!